Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Day #2- I think I can, I think I can

Had a pretty rough evening, Caleb didn’t sleep well and decided it was time to get up around 4am…ugh. Somehow we still didn’t get on the road till 9:30, though we planned to leave at 8. Caleb slept much better in the car today {probably due to the lack of sleep the night before}, and we found something he really enjoyed…the DVD player. We watched A LOT of movies. I’m usually one to not let him watch much t.v., but it’s a matter of survival these days. We also somehow miscalculated the mileage, and missed a whole 5 hours {an additional 5 hrs} of driving. Instead of a 9 hour day’s worth of driving to get to Billings, Montana…it was going to be a 14 hour drive!! Yikes! So we ended up skipping Mt. Rushmore {which we’d already seen on our way down, but wanted Jake and Caleb to be able to}, and making very quick stops. By about 8pm Caleb was exhausted and ready to go to bed, so we got him all in his pjs and tucked him in his ‘car seat’ :) hoping he’d go to sleep and then we could sneak him in to the hotel and he’d stay asleep…HAHAHA!!! He definitely fell asleep, and he definitely woke up when we arrived at the hotel, and he was definitely not interested in going back to sleep. It was the funniest hour that I’ve seen from this child. He was soooo wired and determined not to let sleep consume him. He ran and ran and screamed and screamed, just being a silly kid. We’re finally all going to bed around 12 am, Missouri time {remember how I said earlier he had woke up at 4am this morning…yeah, you could say there are a few cranky pants in our room and I’m one of them}. Hopefully he sleeps better tonight, not sure if I can function without another night of no sleeping.

No comments:

Post a Comment